Newfoundland and Labrador Housing Corporation (NLHC) has announced the recipients of its annual scholarships for 2017.
Each scholarship is valued at $1,000.
NLHC has awarded 300 scholarships throughout the province to support adult tenants and children of tenants pursuing a post-secondary education since 1987.
Youth scholarships are awarded based on the results of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development scholarship score, which is derived from a student’s performance on public exams.
Adult scholarships are awarded based on reviews that assess need, initiative, and community involvement.
Youth scholarship winners
- Mason Dawe, Stephenville, is a graduate of Stephenville High attending College of the North Atlantic.
- Morgan Faulkner, Bishop’s Falls, is a graduate of Leo Burke Academy attending Memorial University.
- Nicholas Grimes, Grand Falls-Windsor, is a graduate of Exploits Valley High attending College of the North Atlantic.
- Keshia Noseworthy, Bell Island, is a graduate St. Michael’s Regional High School attending Memorial University.
- Noah Robinson, Mount Pearl, is a graduate of Mount Pearl Senior High attending Memorial University.
- Allison Yetman, St. John’s, is a graduate of Prince of Wales Collegiate attending Memorial University.
Adult scholarship winners
- Kellie Beck, St. Lawrence, is currently attending Memorial University.
- Hillary Leights, St. John’s, is currently attending Dalhousie University.
- Matthew Parsons-Coady, Corner Brook, is currently attending University of New Brunswick.
- Liza White, St. John’s, is currently attending Eastern Academy.