Top News

Heritage Corner: Memorial United Church

Memorial United Church as it looked just after completion.
Memorial United Church as it looked just after completion.

Memorial United Church in Grand Falls-Windosr as it looked just after completion.

The cornerstone was laid on Sept. 14, 1922 by Louisa Goodyear and the basement (Bennett Hall) was opened and used for services on Nov. 11, 1923. The building was completed and dedicated to the memory of members of the congregation who paid the supreme sacrifice in the First World War (including three sons of Mrs. Goodyear) on Nov. 11, 1928.

It has since been replaced by the present church building on the same site.

Recent Stories